Monday 11 February 2008

Lists

Lists, lists, lists. I am fascinated by lists. And, maybe I should warn the reader who has no interest in lists to stop right now. Read no further, this post will be dreadfully boring to you.

At this stage of my dissertation, much of my world consists of lists: to look up; to print; to do; to email; for literature review; for references; for acknowledgements etc etc etc. And a big part of the dissertation, I realise, will be managing to coordinate these lists. I need to juggle them. Make sense of them. I need to not lose any of them. Keep the number of notebooks with my lists in them to a minimum. Organise. Organise. Sort. Sort. Arrange. Systematise.

But what is most fascinating is finding lists you have made in the past. With all my sorting, I have come across some bits of paper with lists on them. “To do” lists can take you right back to a situation in your life and can be VERY interesting. They remind you what you were doing a few months ago. Some lists, however, are just puzzling.

  • Secret Santa
  • Wedding
  • Gramsci

I found a document in the “blog” folder in my computer entitled “Toast and Honey”. In this document I found the following list:

  • Toast and honey
  • Name badges
  • Biofuels
  • Golden lion tamarin
  • Agricultural subsidies
  • Full moon
  • Mushroom pizza

This list was obviously some ideas I was having for a blog post, but for the life of me, I cannot remember what on EARTH I was talking about. I must apologise to my readers for forgetting this, as I feel it would have been an interesting post.

I love randomness.

One more list. I typed something into the search box of wikipedia. They didn’t have exactly what I was looking for, but they did give me the following list of other pages that may help me. I will give a prize to whoever can come up with my original search words.

  • Centre for Fire, Explosive and Environment
  • Jersey Zoological Park
  • Biman Bangladesh Airlines
  • The Late, Late Breakfast Show
  • Bicycle Helmet
  • Aga Khan Agency for Microfinance
  • Doctor Who
  • European Union

No comments: