Sunday 13 May 2007

Nil Points

Please bear with me while I despair – this won’t take long. I am having a why-on-earth-did-I-CHOOSE-to-go-back-to-uni moment...

There are three days left of this essay. I have started twitching and talking to myself. I feel like I have been in the library forever and the highlight of my weekend was the Eurovision Song Contest (could things get much worse?).

Why and how did I manage to choose this essay title? It must have been in a moment of madness. Basically, it is a case of talking about place (ie. EVERYWHERE), livelihoods (of EVERYONE), networks (how EVERYONE and EVERYWHERE are connected) and scale (what you find on fish), linking this all to the philosophical thought of the last few decades and making it coherent and interesting. And by the way – all knowledge is constructed, there are no truths, nothing is certain and it’s all about language and process. My brain is full. I feel like I have been chasing my tail for 2 weeks. AAAGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

OK, I have finished despairing. I will get back to work now.

Speaking of the Eurovision – for those of you who missed it… This year there was a marked decrease in men in white suits and an increase in vampy goth women in black dresses. As always, there was fake tan aplenty – Norway voted for Sweden, nobody voted for UK etc etc. The interval show had heavy metal cellists and an amazing trapeze artist. Low points – Ireland (bad karaoke) and Spain (Spanish version of Take That). High points - Ukraine’s silver drag queen, Terry Wogan’s commentary and my favourite – France in pink Jean Paul Gaultier – who unfortunately didn’t do very well.

No comments: