Sunday 10 June 2007

The Good News and the Bad

The Good News – as of tomorrow, I will be gainfully employed again.

I’ve got a job. I will be earning money. It is one that sounds like it will be very interesting and will be good on the CV. I won’t be a delinquent daughter anymore.

I am very happy.

The Bad News – as of tomorrow, I will be gainfully employed again.

It is the end of my carefree student days. I will have to wear uncomfortable shoes. I won’t be able to walk along the South Bank at 2pm on Tuesdays. I won’t be able to sleep in until 11am if I want to. I won’t be taking library breaks with Anna, Sam, Rachel and Davina to have a cup of tea and do the crossword.

I am quite sad.

4 comments:

David Miller said...

How was your first day on the job?

Who has employed you and what are you doing?

Hope the gains outweigh the loss of freedom...

T said...

Congrats!!! I have the same questions as the first commentor. More info, please!

Anonymous said...

This is your mother speaking. DO NOT WEAR UNCOMFORTABLE SHOES!!!! Go buy yourself some smart COMFORTABLE shoes.

Anonymous said...

Pig!!!! How was your first week?

Don't you dare let what your Harrods shoes did to your toe EVER happen again :)

I miss your all-day skype availability.

love you, h