Saturday 29 September 2007

Has Delilah been misunderstood?

Having just had a haircut, I wonder to myself whether there has been a little inaccuracy in the documentation of history. Delilah is supposed to have betrayed Samson and caused his downfall. She is supposed to have done this for the Philistines, in exchange for money, by cutting his hair (or at least ordering a servant to cut his hair).

But I suspect something different happened. Suppose Delilah herself had just had a haircut; and feeling the power and exhilaration that this experience had bestowed upon her, thought she should pass this feeling on to Samson.

Because it seriously does have this effect – the shorter the better. I feel like a new person. I feel like I could take over the world. I even wonder whether I have turned into a super-hero.

No comments: